Monte Pescador, MAC, MDiv
God first. Family second. Self last.
It has been my experience that putting myself first in anything I do only asks for trouble, as does putting God second to anything else. So, I put God first and myself last in my life. That makes my clients like family, second only to God.
- Master of Arts in Counseling, Colorado Christian University, 2011.
- Master of Divinity, Grand Canyon University, 2018.
- Certified in Hypnotherapy.
- Doctoral Student, Organizational Leadership with emphasis on Christian Ministry, Grand Canyon University.
- Member of Colorado Collaborative Divorce Professionals.
- Member of American Association of Christian Counselors.
- Registered Unlicensed Psychotherapist in Colorado.
- In training for certifications in:
- Life Coaching
- EMDR (Basic)
- Marriage and Family Therapy
My Approach & Philosophy
As an existential counselor, I look for both the stories that resolve into the problems in a client’s life and what the client truly believes about those moments, the meanings behind them, that result in the reactions of the moment. These reactions are often shaped by culture, religious belief, and, yes, even childhood relationships and experiences, but they are also made in the moment. All of it is important to the individual. That is how one’s philosophy is shaped. Sometimes that means exposing the meaning of an experience can do the healing. Sometimes that means more needs to be done to take back control until the healing can set in. Control, though, is just the illusion of life. Healing is real. I choose healing.
Likewise, as a life coach, I look for where the story is leading. How will your plan fold into your story? What changes might you need to make in order for the plan to work and your story outcome to be positive?
In that sense, EMDR and hypnotherapy are both means to an end, the end being a realization of your story, for better or worse. They are tools for discovery as well as tools of growth. What they are not is a miracle cure. The only miracle that comes from therapy is the one God provides.
Get In Touch
Due to technical issues, schedule with Kat or Lacie by calling:
Denver locations available; call Kat for details.
(Cortez location available soon.)
Varies per associate; call for an appointment.